Go whitewater rafting in Durango Colorado through Class I, II & III rapids! The Animas River flows right through Durango. This is a great chance to raft on the river. This trip is great for families and you can choose between our Splash & Dash or Half Day trips!
Waterfall Jeep Tour & Rafting Trip
- Guest Ages 12 and up
- Youth Ages 3-11
Raft and hit the Jeep trails through beautiful Southwestern Colorado!
Explore the majestic La Plata Mountains and Canyon near Durango, CO at some of the canyon’s most scenic and beautiful waterfalls. This is a mild scenic tour fun for the entire family who does not want to do the full four-hour tour. We will stop at 3 unique waterfalls for plenty of photo opportunities, as we climb higher into the canyon. Our last waterfall stop is on private property accessible only to Durango Rivertrippers. This stop gets you up close to a stunning 25-30ft waterfall with some old mining structures scattered around the base. We reach around 10,000 feet above sea level and stop to take in the views. This is a great adventure for the entire family. All ages are welcome on this trip however car seats are not provided. NOTE: This tour does not go up to the top of Kennebec Pass and is a mild tour.
You will board into our “Open-Air” vehicle (however we reserve the right to take a Jeep Wrangler if needed). We will drive on the highway for approximately 20-25 minutes to the mouth of the canyon and from there we will start our tour into the canyon. It can get windy so if you get cold easily please bring a jacket or ask for one, we carry extra jackets and blankets but you may need to ask.
- Starting our headquarters at 360 S. Camino Del Rio Suite #200 Durango CO 81301
- Please arrive at 9:45 am for your 10:00 am Waterfall Jeep Tour.
- You will spend 2.5 hours exploring La Plata Canyon and the majestic waterfalls.
- At 12:30 pm following your 4×4 Waterfall Jeep tour, you will return to our headquarters where you can change if needed. Then at 1:45 pm check- in outback behind our headquarters for your 2:00 pm rafting adventure.
- Ending your day at 4:30 pm where you started at our headquarters.