Go whitewater rafting through our National Kayak Course through Class I, II & III rapids! This trip is great for families and you can choose between our Splash & Dash or Half Day trips!
- Guided Group Tour
- Per Guest Recommended Ages 10+
Discover Mesa Verde with an Archaeologist Trained Guide!
Come take a look into the lives of the Ancestral Pueblo peoples who made Mesa Verde their home for over 700 years, from 600 A.D to 1300!
Explore some of the most notable and best-preserved cliff dwelling ruins in the United States. Mesa Verde encompasses over 80 square miles and protects over 5,000 archaeological sites, including the famous Cliff Palace and nearly 600 cliff dwellings, some of which are more than 800 years old.
When you book this tour you’ll sit back and relax while our experienced, knowledgeable archaeologist trained guide takes you around the park. With their knowledge, you will be able to ask questions, read literature, and listen to your own tour of the park.
You get to save gas, time, and entrance fees with our guided tours. All of our vehicles are comfortable with air conditioning for those hot summer months and heated for the winter months.
- Depart our Durango office at 724 Main Ave, Durango Co at 8:00 am
- Arrive Mesa Verde Visitor Center 8:40 am
- 8:40 am – 2 pm – explore attractions on Chapin Mesa to include any combination of the following:
- Park Point for a spectacular scenic view of the Four Corners landscape. See Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, and Colorado in a 360 view
- Close up exploration of 12th and 13th-century mesa top sites at the Far View Village complex including Coyote Village and the Far View Great House
- Museum area to view Spruce Tree House (3rd largest cliff dwelling in the park) from the Spruce Canyon trail overlooks
- Lunch provided by Durango Rivertrippers
- Driving tour of selected sites on the Mesa Top Loop to include short walks to mesa top sites and canyon overlooks for views of the major cliff dwellings in the park including Cliff Palace and “downtown” Mesa Verde
- Optional last stop at Far View Terrace for refreshment break and souvenirs
- Arrive at Durango at 3:30 pm
Price includes Full Gourmet Sack Lunch, and Park Entrance Fees.
Gratuity is not included in the price and is much appreciated.
NOTE: Due to updates in the National Park and Covid-19, Durango Rivertrippers & Adventure Tours trips will not include National Park guided ranger tickets. Please talk to your reservationist about your expectations. If your goal is to go inside a cliff dwelling see the Private Mesa Verde Tour option.
- COVID Protocols will be practiced
- Ages: Best suited for ages 10+
- Duration: Up to 7½ hours (if leaving from Durango)
- Appropriate clothing; Colorado’s weather can be unpredictable, so it is ideal to wear extra layers!
- Comfortable but sturdy footwear
- Sunscreen and a hat
- Be prepared for weather changes and temperature fluctuations. It is best to dress in layers for cool mornings and hot afternoons (with possible afternoon thundershowers mid-summer)
- Comfortable, but sturdy shoes
- A hat and sunglasses
- A face covering or mask while COVID protocols are in place
- Meeting Point: 724 Main Ave, Durango, CO 81301
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early.
From the Durango Rivertrippers Team we want to thank our first responders, pharmacists, doctors, nurses, and all of the essential employees who are helping fight the spread of COVID-19.
Our commitment to safety for both our guests and staff is our number one priority. We will be making some changes to keep that commitment during COVID-19. All of our trips can and will be modified as needed, in an effort to keep everyone as healthy and safe as possible. We will be limiting the number of guests on each trip to keep our social distance. After each trip in a vehicle or raft we will sanitize high touch points before the next use. We will have disinfectant wipes or hand sanitizer available for all guests.
Changes moving forward
- We will be limiting the number of guests on each raft and vehicle
- Cleaning and disinfecting highly trafficked surfaces multiple times every day
- Providing sanitizer or disinfectant wipes for our guests
- Encouraging private trips to continue social distancing
- We will continue to follow our local Health Department for specific updates