Enjoy an intimate experience of Mesa Verde with just your group when you book this private tour! We can customize your itinerary and all of our guides are archeologist trained.
Group Mesa Verde Tour from Durango
If you would like to schedule a phone call back with a reservationist Click here
- Guided Group Tour
- Per Guest Recommended Ages 8+
Discover Mesa Verde with an Archaeologist Trained Guide!
Come take a look into the lives of the Ancestral Pueblo peoples who made Mesa Verde their home for over 700 years, from 600 C.E. to 1300 C.E.!
Experience some of the most notable and best-preserved cliff-dwelling ruins in the United States. Mesa Verde encompasses over 80 square miles and protects over 5,000 archaeological sites, including the famous Cliff Palace and nearly 600 cliff dwellings, some of which are more than 800 years old.
When you book this tour you’ll sit back and relax while our experienced, knowledgeable archaeologist-trained guide takes you around the park. With their knowledge, you will be able to ask questions, read literature, and listen to your own tour of the park.
You get to save gas, time, and entrance fees with our guided tours. All of our vehicles are comfortable with air conditioning for those hot summer months and heated for the winter months.
- Depart our Durango office at 360 South Camino Del Rio Suite #200 Durango, Co 81301 at 8:30 am
- Arrive at Mesa Verde Visitor Center approximately 45 minutes after we leave our office.
- for about 4 hours – explore attractions on Chapin Mesa including any combination of the following:
- Park Point for a spectacular scenic view of the Four Corners landscape. See Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, and Colorado in a 360 view
- Close-up exploration of 12th and 13th-century mesa top sites at the Far View Village complex including Coyote Village and the Far View Great House
- Museum area to view Spruce Tree House (3rd largest cliff dwelling in the park) from the Spruce Canyon trail overlooks
- Optional add-on for lunch for $20
- Driving tour of selected sites on the Mesa Top Loop to include short walks to Mesa top sites and canyon overlooks for views of the major cliff dwellings in the park including Cliff Palace and “downtown” Mesa Verde
- Optional last stop at Far View Terrace for a refreshment break and souvenirs
- Arrive back at our shop in Durango at 2:30 pm
*Gratuity is not included in the price and is much appreciated.
*Ranger Guided Tour Tickets NOT INCLUDED, if looking for ranger tickets check out our Express Tour or our Private Tour option
- Ages: Best suited for ages 8+
- Duration: Approximately 6 hours (leaving from Durango)
- Recommended for people who enjoy getting out and exploring the area
- Minimum of 2 required
- Be prepared for weather changes and temperature fluctuations. It is best to dress in layers for cool mornings and hot afternoons (with possible afternoon thundershowers mid-summer)
- Comfortable, but sturdy shoes
- A hat and sunglasses
- Meeting Point: 360 South Camino Del Rio Suite #200 Durango, Co 81301
- Please arrive 15 minutes early.