Go whitewater rafting in Durango Colorado through Class I, II & III rapids! The Animas River flows right through Durango. This is a great chance to raft on the river. This trip is great for families and you can choose between our Splash & Dash or Half Day trips!
Telluride Rafting on the San Miguel River
- Half-Day per person
Experience the Unmatched Beauty of the San Miguel River in Telluride (May through June)
Join us on a “Half-Day” raft trip down the San Miguel River in Telluride, CO. In the spring and early summer (May-June), this snow-melt-fed river plunges from the high peaks of the San Juan Mountains and pulsates through San Miguel and Norwood canyons. The contrast between the lush riparian ecosystem and the brilliant red sandstone canyon is undeniably unique.
Starting just 5 miles Northwest of Telluride, the full length of the San Miguel River contains 40 miles of uninterrupted class I-III (IV) whitewater. The tour will be approximately 10 river miles. Our small maneuverable raft offers the most dynamic ride on the San Miguel River. We provide your group with the best equipment and the most experienced guides on a trip down one of the few remaining free-flowing rivers in Colorado. You’re sure to be inspired by the narrow twisting waterway and towering red-rock walls of this Colorado jewel!
Most Popular ~ Lower San Miguel ~ Caddis Flats Class I-III
Itinerary (10 River Miles) Half-Day Trip
- With a reservation, the trip meets at M&M Mercantile 240 Front Street, Placerville, Co 81430
- 20 minutes BEFORE the start time to meet up with the guides, keep in mind we have NO cell phone coverage and we leave promptly at the start time.
- Drive about 10 minutes down-river to our access point
- Use restrooms and change into the gear you rented (wetsuits and splash gear are highly recommended)
- Raft the San Miguel for about 2.5- 3 hours with a riverside snack (on-water times vary due to river flows)
- End the tour and get shuttled back (about 4 hours after you started) to your car at the M&M Mercantile
- Tip the guide if you enjoyed the ride! Cash is king for cellphone coverage for Venmo is spotty.
Upper San Miguel ~ Sawpit Class III-IV
- With a reservation, the trip meets at M&M Mercantile 240 Front Street, Placerville, Co 81430 be sure to arrive 15 minutes early to get checked in
- Use restrooms and change into the gear you rented, before we depart. There are no bathrooms at the put-in (wetsuits and splash gear are highly recommended)
- Drive about 20 minutes upriver to our access point
- Raft the San Miguel for about 3 hours with a riverside snack (on-water times vary due to river flows, higher water means faster trip times)
- End the tour and get shuttled back to your vehicle at the M&M Mercantile (about 4 hours after you started)
- Tip the guide if you enjoyed the ride! Cash is king, and the cellphone coverage for Venmo is spotty.
- Sign the digital waiver ASAP. Look for an email called “DUE NOW” (this may end up in your junk folder).
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled adventure time.
- Parking is available at the meeting location.
- Restrooms and changing areas are available.
- Shirts must be worn under life jackets.
- Wetsuits and splash gear are highly recommended for renting
- Safety orientation
- PFDs (Personal Flotation Devices), a.k.a. life jackets — Sorry, no personal PFDs allowed.
- Transportation to and from the river
- Raft guide
- Sturdy footwear like old tennis shoes — We also rent river shoes.
- Please, no flip-flops or sandals
- Day trips do not have storage. Please leave all personal items in a hotel room or vehicle.