Go whitewater rafting through our National Kayak Course through Class I, II & III rapids! This trip is great for families and you can choose between our Splash & Dash or Half Day trips!
Private Tour of Mesa Verde With an Archeologist Trained Guide
With plenty of mesa-top ruins to visit, panoramic views of the large cliff dwellings, and open hiking trails, there is a lot to see and experience at Mesa Verde National Park! Come join us on one of our private tours that will immerse you into a time full of mystery and intrigue in a place of breath-taking beauty.
Our customizable private tour will allow you to determine your own priorities and depending on your preferences, you can spend more time at the scenic overlooks for spectacular views and photo ops. Just let us know what you prefer from some of the choices below.
- Entertainment/Sightseeing/Chauffeur service.
- Recreation – including walking, hiking trails, and exploring.
- Taking photographs.
- An educational experience.
- Combination of all of the above.
For starters, we are the only company offering tours with archaeologist trained guides. Preparation for your guided tour begins long before the tour starts. There are a lot of behind-the-scenes initiatives and activities carried out by the tour guide. Your guide is an archaeologist trained subject matter expert requiring considerable training, education, research, and content knowledge on multiple topics with the ability to effectively communicate it to the guest. Along with intimate knowledge of the sites and resources, your guide possesses the communication skills, public speaking, and storytelling abilities to provide an enjoyable and memorable experience.
- Provision of all-inclusive service:
- Customization of tours according to visitors’ interests and priorities.
- Planning services in setting up the day’s itinerary.
- Providing a round trip chauffeur service from Durango.
- Flexibility in pick up/drop off times and locations.
- Prepping vehicle – refueling, cleaning, and loading of daily supplies.
- Shopping service in obtaining snacks, lunch, and water.
- Flexibility in last-minute changes. (Example: Can we do Mesa Verde instead of Canyon of the Ancients?)
- Concierge-type role with recommendations for local restaurants and other attractions/activities.
- Availability of guide on short notice (sometimes within a 48 hour booking window.)
- A private tour will include just you and your party
- COVID Protocols will be practiced.
- Tour includes archeological sites
- Ages: Best suited for ages 10+
- Duration: Up to 7½ hours (if leaving from Durango)
What to Bring
- A favorite snack and any medication you need.
- Your camera and a small day pack.
- Your sense of imagination and adventure!
What to Wear
- Be prepared for weather changes and temperature fluctuations. It is best to dress in layers for cool mornings and hot afternoons (with possible afternoon thundershowers mid-summer.)
- Comfortable, but sturdy shoes.
- A hat and sunglasses.
- A face covering or mask while COVID protocols are in place
- Unless other pick up arrangements have been made, the check-in point to meet your guide is at 724 Main Ave, Durango, CO.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
- A waiver of liability/emergency contact form will need to be completed either on-line prior to departure or a hard copy completed prior to departure at the pick-up location.
- Appropriate clothing, Colorado’s weather can be unpredictable, so it is ideal to wear extra layers!
- Comfortable but sturdy footwear
- Sunscreen and a hat
- Meeting Point: 724 Main Ave, Durango, CO 81301
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early.