Spend 1 hour longer in the park and get lunch provided all while letting our experienced guides take you back through history on this walk-through time tour so you can just sit back and enjoy the amazing things that Mesa Verde National Park has to offer.
Private Tour of Mesa Verde
If you would like to schedule a phone call back with a reservationist Click here
- Guests (Per Person) Recommended Ages 10+ Now Offering Ranger Assisted Tickets to Cliff Palace
NOW OFFERING RANGER ASSISTED TICKETS TO CLIFF PALACE
Private Tour of Mesa Verde With an Archeologist-Trained Guide
Come take a look into the lives of the Ancestral Pueblo people who made the area known as Mesa Verde National Park their home, for over 700 years, from 600 C.E. to 1300 C.E.!
Experience some of the most notable and best-preserved cliff-dwelling and archaeological sites in the United States. Mesa Verde encompasses over 80 square miles and protects over 5,000 archaeological sites, including the famous Cliff Palace and nearly 600 cliff dwellings, some of which are more than 800 years old.
When you book this tour you’ll sit back and relax while our experienced, knowledgeable archaeologist-trained guide takes you around the National Park. With your guide’s knowledge, you will be able to ask questions, read literature, and listen to your own customized tour of the park.
You get to save gas, time, and entrance fees with our guided tours. All of our vehicles are comfortable with air conditioning for those hot summer months and heated for the winter months.
With plenty of mesa-top ruins to visit, panoramic views of the large cliff dwellings, and open hiking trails, there is a lot to see and experience at Mesa Verde National Park! Come join us on one of our private tours that will immerse you into a time full of mystery and intrigue in a place of breathtaking beauty.
Our customizable private tour will allow you to determine your own priorities and depending on your preferences, you can spend more time at the scenic overlooks for spectacular views and photo ops. Just let us know what you prefer from some of the choices below.
- Entertainment/Sightseeing/Chauffeur service
- Recreation – including walking, hiking trails, and exploring
- Taking photographs
- An educational experience
- Combination of all of the above
Why a Private Tour?
For starters, we are the only company offering tours with archaeologist-trained guides. Preparation for your guided tour begins long before the tour starts. There are a lot of behind-the-scenes initiatives and activities carried out by the tour guide. Your guide is an archaeologist-trained subject matter expert requiring considerable training, education, research, and content knowledge on multiple topics with the ability to effectively communicate it to the guest. Along with intimate knowledge of the sites and resources, your guide possesses the communication skills, public speaking, and storytelling abilities to provide an enjoyable and memorable experience.
Uniqueness of the Private Tour:
- Now Offering Ranger Guided Tickets! Talk to our team for details.
- Most aspects of the tour are customizable!
- Exclusivity – just your group; no one else
- Customized itinerary based on priority preferences – sightseeing, photos, education, etc.
- Flexibility in start time and tour length (up to 7.5 hours) example: start at 9:00 am vs 8:00 am
- Pick up at your location (within a 5-mile radius of Durango, Colorado)
- Flexibility in last-minute changes. (Example: Can we do Mesa Verde instead of Canyon of the Ancients)
- Limited size of groups to ensure that guest-to-guide ratio is low
- Concierge-type role with recommendations for local restaurants and other attractions/activities
- Will we go inside a cliff dwelling? Only on a private tour do we have the option to go inside a cliff dwelling ONLY when in season AND this must be discussed with us ahead of time. Stephouse is the site we can go inside during certain times of the year. We never go into, Cliff Palace, Tower House, Long House, or any other ranger-led tours. We are the guides, you should not pay this amount of money to have us drop you off at a ranger-led tour. If you want to save money and go on your own checkout www.Rec.Gov
- Will we see a cliff dwelling? Absolutely! We will see several cliff dwellings and many other sites throughout the National Park.
- Can we get picked up at our hotel? Yes, we can pick you up within 5 miles of Durango, Co, or along the way to Mesa Verde National Park.
- Can we bring our pets? We ask that you do not bring your pets on this tour.
- Is the gratuity/tip included? No, it is customary to tip 18%-22% if you have enjoyed your experience with your guide.
- Will there be restroom breaks? YES! There are several restroom options within the National Park. Your guide will let you know when you are approaching a restroom stop and how long in between the next stop. Typically not more than 1 hour from a restroom.
- What kind of transportation/vehicle will we be in? We have several options for our tours and your guide will take the best option for that day. We have 12 passenger vehicles, minivans, suburban, and Jeeps that we can use. We do NOT take a bus.
- Do we hike or climb ladders? Every private tour is specially curated for each guest. We will discuss with you what you and your group would like to do and create the best itinerary. Not one private tour is the same.
- A private tour will include just you and your party
- Tour includes archeological sites
- Ages: Best suited for ages 10+
- Duration: Up to 7½ hours (if leaving from Durango) unless requested to be shorter
- Be prepared for weather changes and temperature fluctuations. It is best to dress in layers for cool mornings and hot afternoons (with possible afternoon thundershowers mid-summer)
- Comfortable but sturdy shoes
- A hat and sunglasses
- Unless other arrangements have been made, the check-in point to meet your guide is at 360 South Camino Del Rio Suite #200 Durango, Co 81301
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time
- A waiver of liability/emergency contact form will need to be completed either online prior to departure or a hard copy completed prior to departure at the pick-up location