Learn how to go whitewater rafting with our kayak course through Class III rapids! This trip is great for families and you can choose between two- and four-hour trips!
Private Tour of Mesa Verde
With plenty of mesa-top ruins to visit, panoramic views of the large cliff dwellings and open hiking trails, there is a lot to see and experience at Mesa Verde National Park! Come join us on one of our private tours that will immerse you into a time full of mystery and intrigue in a place of breath-taking beauty.
Our customizable private tour will allow you to determine your own priorities and depending on your preferences, you can:
- spend more time at the scenic overlooks for spectacular views and photo ops,
- explore the numerous mesa top ruins with close access to these sites, or
- select a short hike for a fuller immersion experience into the landscape.
We will maximize your time so you can enjoy an engaging and enlightening day. To customize arrangements for:
- pick up location,
- pick up time,
- and your day’s itinerary,
- A private tour will include just you and your party up to a total of 8 people.
- COVID Protocols will be practiced.
- Tour includes archeological sites located on Chapin Mesa only.
- Ages: Best suited for ages 10+
- Duration: Up to 7½ hours (if leaving from Durango)
What to Bring
- Water and your favorite water bottle.
- Sunscreen and insect spray.
- A favorite snacks and any meds you need.
- Your camera and a small day pack.
- Your sense of imagination and adventure!
What to Wear
- Be prepared for weather changes and temperature fluctuations. It is best to dress in layers for cool mornings and hot afternoons (with possible afternoon thundershowers mid-summer.)
- Comfortable, but sturdy shoes. (No flip flops.)
- A hat and sunglasses.
- COVID mask.
- Unless other pick up arrangements have been made, the check-in point to meet your guide is at 724 Main Ave, Durango, CO.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes prior to scheduled departure time.
- A waiver of liability/emergency contact form will need to be completed either on-line prior to departure or a hard copy completed prior to departure at the pick-up location.
- Appropriate clothing, Colorado’s weather can be unpredictable, so it is ideal to wear extra layers!
- Comfortable but sturdy footwear
- Sunscreen and a hat
- Meeting Point: 724 Main Ave, Durango, CO 81301
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early.