Learn how to go whitewater rafting with our kayak course through Class III rapids! This trip is great for families and you can choose between our Splash & Dash or Half Day trips!
- 2-Hour Trip
- Single Kayak
- Double Kayak
- 4-Hour Trip
- Single Kayak
- Double Kayak
Kayak Down The Animas River
If you’re looking for some of the best rafting in the United States you won’t want to miss our rafting tours down the Animal River! When you join our guides you’ll take a ride down the lower Animas River and experience the excitement and ease of maneuvering your kayak through the water. We have 2 different options depending on how long you want to be in the water.
Our shorter 2-hour kayak tour will give you a taste of all the adventure that is waiting to be discovered on the river. When you book our 4-hour tour you’ll enjoy more time on the water to paddle, glide, and bounce through the rapids and calm spots. This is a great option for those short on time. You will be outfitted with all the necessary safety equipment and instruction to highlight your trip.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your trip departs. During those 15 minutes, you and your party will need to fill out waivers, collect any rental items you’ll need, and use the facilities. We are located at 157 Rosemary Ln., Durango CO 81301. Please refer to the parking information below. With Durango Rivertrippers and Adventure Tours, you will create some amazing memories while adventuring down the Animas River! Our guides will share some history, landmarks, and their favorite things to do in Durango. Your total adventure time with us is two hours- about 1 hour on the water.
We will provide the following:
- Safety orientation
- PFD, personal flotation device aka life jackets (please no personal PFDs)
- Transportation to and from the Animas River
- Complimentary lockers to secure any small belongings
- We have RENTALS available!
- River shoes ($5)
- Splash jackets ($5)
- Wetsuits ($15)
- Please no flip flops sandals.
- Sturdy footwear like old tennis shoes work great we also we rent river shoes.
- Try to not bring anything of value. If you can not afford to lose it do not bring it on the boat.
- We recommend you leave items back in your hotel or car. We can also hold small items for you in a secure drawer
- Restrooms & changing areas are accessible next door to our location.
- Our driver and guides will pick you and your group up at our location at 157 Rosemary Ln. and take you to our put-in location. There we will go over safety, fit you with a PFD, show you some paddling skills, and prepare you for an awesome rafting trip! Following your adventure, we will return you and your group to 157 Rosemary Ln. where you began your adventure.
- Gratuity for our guides and drivers are not included in the price. If you enjoy your trip, feel free to tip!
- Should you require further assistance, don’t hesitate to call and chat with one of our reservation specialists at 970-259-0289.