Enjoy an intimate experience of Mesa Verde with just your group when you book this private tour! We can customize your itinerary and all of our guides are archeologist trained.
Mesa Verde Express Tour With Tickets To Cliff Palace
Cliff Place Tickets Included
- Guest Includes Ranger Tickets to Cliff Palace
Discover Mesa Verde with an Archaeologist Trained Guide and explore Cliff Palace!
Come take a look into the lives of the Ancestral Pueblo peoples who made Mesa Verde their home for over 700 years, from 600 C.E. to 1300!
This tour will focus primarily on Cliff Dwellings and include hard-to-get tickets with a ranger tour of the famous Cliff Palace. Your guide will take you around the National Park and give you the history of the park, the archaeology, and the geology of the area. These are areas of focus that are hard to get on your own. Keep in mind this tour is a brief overview of Mesa Verde and the Ancestral Puebloans. If you would like to spend more time in the area please consider our group tour or our private tour.
Mesa Verde encompasses over 80 square miles and protects over 5,000 archaeological sites, including the famous Cliff Palace and nearly 600 cliff dwellings, some of which are more than 800 years old.
When you book this tour you’ll sit back and relax while our experienced, knowledgeable archaeologist-trained guide takes you around the park. All of our vehicles are comfortable with air conditioning for those hot summer months and heated for the winter months.
- Depart our Durango office at 360 South Camino Del Rio Suite #200 Durango, Co 81301 at 9:15 am
- Arrive Mesa Verde Visitor Center 10:10 am
- 10:10 am – 12:45 pm – explore attractions on Chapin Mesa including any combination of the following:
- Timing-dependent stop for close-up exploration of 12th and 13th-century mesa top sites at the Far View Village complex including Coyote Village and the Far View Great House
- Explore Cliff Palace up close with one of the ranger lead tours with a National Park Ranger.
- Driving tour of selected sites on the Mesa Top Loop to include short walks to Mesa top sites and canyon overlooks for views of the major cliff dwellings in the park including Cliff Palace and “downtown” Mesa Verde
- Arrive at Durango at 2:15 pm
Price includes Ranger Lead Tickets to Cliff Palace and Park Entrance Fees. We will have a cooler on board for snacks and lunches you are encouraged to bring.
Gratuity is not included in the price and is much appreciated.
9:15 am-2:15 pm
This is a full-day tour (not including lunch) that begins at 9:15 am and ends at approximately 2:15 pm.
- Be prepared for weather changes and temperature fluctuations. It is best to dress in layers for cool mornings and hot afternoons (with possible afternoon thundershowers mid-summer)
- Comfortable, but sturdy shoes
- A hat and sunglasses
- Meeting Point: 360 South Camino Del Rio Suite #200 Durango, Co 81301
- Please arrive 15 minutes early.