Go whitewater rafting through our National Kayak Course through Class I, II & III rapids! This trip is great for families and you can choose between our Splash & Dash or Half Day trips!
- Full-day Per Person
Go Rafting Down the Colorado River through Westwater Canyon!
If you are looking for an exciting full-day rafting trip, this is the trip for you. This stretch of the Colorado River is a mix of calm and wild rapids for 17.6 miles from Westwater Ranger Station to the Cisco take-out. There will be sections of calm water to take in the views and the stunning canyon walls, with a long stretch of consistent Class III-IV rapids. Finish the day with a nice calm stretch of water to the take-out at Cisco.
- Start the day by meeting us at a pre-designated location found in your confirmation email
- Get boats ready and push off
- Enjoy the morning floating down the canyon towards the rapids
- Go through all 11 class III-IV rapids Starting with Little Dolores and then navigate through Skull, and finish in Last Chance
- Enjoy a riverside lunch after all the action-packed rapids
- Float the remaining miles down to the take-out at Cisco
What to bring:
- Clothes for the duration of your trip. (quick-dry clothing)
- Rain gear and warm clothes for hanging around camp.
- Sturdy, secure footwear that can get wet.
- NO FLIP FLOPS OR BARE FEET!
- Be sure to bring sunscreen, chapstick, a bottle for water, a hat and sunglasses
- A set of warm, dry clothes to change into at the end of the day.
- If you choose to bring a camera, keep in mind anything you bring could get wet, lost, or broken.
- Bring a face mask for the ride back to your vehicle after the trip.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Transportation to the meeting location (check the confirmation email for details)
- Personal clothing and other sundry items (See what to bring above)
- Signing digital waivers before trip launches (cell service is spotty at the put-in)
From the Durango Rivertrippers Team, we want to thank our first responders, pharmacists, doctors, nurses, and all of the essential employees who are helping fight the spread of COVID-19.
Our commitment to safety for both our guests and staff is our number one priority. We will be making some changes to keep that commitment during COVID-19. All of our trips can and will be modified as needed, in an effort to keep everyone as healthy and safe as possible. We will be limiting the number of guests on each trip to keep our social distance. After each trip in a vehicle or raft, we will sanitize high touchpoints before the next use. We will have disinfectant wipes or hand sanitizer available for all guests.
Changes moving forward
- We will be limiting the number of guests on each raft and vehicle
- Cleaning and disinfecting highly trafficked surfaces multiple times every day
- Providing sanitizer or disinfectant wipes for our guests
- Encouraging private trips to continue social distancing
- We will continue to follow our local Health Department for specific updates