Go whitewater rafting in Durango Colorado through Class I, II & III rapids! The Animas River flows right through Durango. This is a great chance to raft on the river. This trip is great for families and you can choose between our Splash & Dash or Half Day trips!
- Full-day Per Person
Go Rafting Down the Colorado River through Westwater Canyon!
If you are looking for an exciting full-day rafting trip, this is the trip for you. This stretch of the Colorado River is a mix of calm and wild rapids for 17.6 miles from Westwater Ranger Station to the Cisco take-out. There will be sections of calm water to take in the views and the stunning canyon walls, with a long stretch of consistent Class III-IV rapids. Finish the day with a nice calm stretch of water to the take-out at Cisco.
- Start the day by meeting us at a pre-designated location found in your confirmation email
- Get boats ready and push off
- Enjoy the morning floating down the canyon towards the rapids
- Go through all 11 class III-IV rapids Starting with Little Dolores and then navigate through Skull, and finish in Last Chance
- Enjoy a riverside lunch after all the action-packed rapids
- Float the remaining miles down to the take-out at Cisco
What to bring:
- Clothes for the duration of your trip. (quick-dry clothing)
- Rain gear and warm clothes for hanging around camp.
- Sturdy, secure footwear that can get wet.
- NO FLIP FLOPS OR BARE FEET!
- Be sure to bring sunscreen, chapstick, a bottle for water, a hat and sunglasses
- A set of warm, dry clothes to change into at the end of the day.
- If you choose to bring a camera, keep in mind anything you bring could get wet, lost, or broken.
- Bring a face mask for the ride back to your vehicle after the trip.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Transportation to the meeting location (check the confirmation email for details)
- Personal clothing and other sundry items (See what to bring above)
- Signing digital waivers before trip launches (cell service is spotty at the put-in)