Go whitewater rafting in Durango Colorado through Class I, II & III rapids! The Animas River flows right through Durango. This is a great chance to raft on the river. This trip is great for families and you can choose between our Splash & Dash or Half Day trips!
Canyons of the Ancients
- Group Tour (Per Person)
- Private Tour (Per Person)
Canyons of the Ancients Tour
Follow our knowledgeable guides while they lead you around the Four Corners area to multiple heritage sites and cliff dwellings. This is a very interactive follow-the-leader type trip where you follow your guide in your own vehicle. There will be several stopping points for you to ask questions, learn about the area, and take photos. In addition to archeology, the landscape invites discussion of various topics such as geological formations, vegetation, wildlife, etc. Some sites that might be visited during your tour include Lowry Pueblo which is a partially excavated and maintained 11th-century village with easy gravel walking trail as well as Sand Canyon site which is a large (partially excavated) 13th-century village located in a juniper/pinion forest with a dirt trail.
- ADA Parking Permit (if applicable)
- Sunscreen, Hat, Sunglasses
- Comfortable but sturdy footwear for possible hiking
- Appropriate clothing, Colorado’s weather can be unpredictable, so it is ideal to wear extra layers!
- Meeting Point: You will meet our guide at the Canyons of the Ancients Visitor Center located at 27501 CO-184, Dolores, CO 81323
- Meeting Time: 9:00am
- Please arrive 10 minutes early
- A waiver of liability/emergency contact form will need to be completed either online prior to departure or a hard copy completed prior to departure at the pick-up location
- Tour includes archeological sites
- This is a follow-the-leader style tour where you will be driving your own vehicle
- You will meet our guide at the Canyons of the Ancients Visitor Center located at 27501 CO-184, Dolores, CO 81323
- Ages: Best suited for ages 10+