What To Wear To Be Prepared For Whitewater Rafting In Durango
If you and your friends or more adrenalized family members have ever wanted to feel the rush of tackling rapids while enjoying the beautiful San Juan mountains, there is no better place to visit than Durango Rivertrippers & Adventure Tours. Our two- and four-hour river rafting trips give guests the best opportunity to enjoy the action of the Animas River, providing rapids that are as exciting for veterans as they are challenging and enjoyable for newbies. For 33 years, our kayaking and ATV rental company has worked to provide the best experience possible. With a spotless safety record and a multitude of positive reviews, Durango Rivertrippers is ready to help people of all ages make the most out of our trip. We’re proud to be your source for the best whitewater rafting in Durango, combining this exciting activity with a plethora of other fun adventures that are sure to be fun for the entire family!
While our adventure company is proud to provide all of the gear needed to take on the flow for your first or one-hundredth river rafting trip, it’s important to prepare properly beforehand to get the most enjoyment out of your day. Today, we’ll look at a few of these items which may prove helpful once you’re in the midst of the rafting excitement.
Gear to Bring
While our whitewater rafting company provides the essentials such as our experienced guides, life jackets, and more, it’ll fall onto the individuals to choose their attire. When packing for your unforgettable rafting trip, be sure to remember:
- Synthetic clothing, or any materials that are proven to dry out quickly. Your river rafting adventure will involve a lot of spray and splashing, making it essential to wear light clothing that will quickly remove moisture for warmth and comfort. While cotton clothing is comfortable, it becomes rather the opposite when soaked.
- Sunglasses. Colorado sees over 300 days of sunshine a year, making it highly likely that you will need eye protection during your rafting tour. Water is also reflective, making it much more necessary to find UV protection for your eyes. We recommend utilizing a retainer strap to keep your shades close by at all times.
- Proper headwear. Those that take on the four-hour course will be disappointed to find that their heads and faces weren’t protected during the trip. Bringing a hat with a brim will help you to further protect your skin from the sun.
- Quality footwear. Finding the shoes for your rafting trip may be challenging, so be sure to choose the right pair in advance. Thrillseekers in flip flops have quickly learned the ways of the river, watching their footwear float downriver. Others have donned expensive sneakers, with many individuals being unhappy with the result of their nice shoes in conjunction with lots of water. Sandals with backstrap support are usually the best suggestion.
- Sunscreen. The sunny days and high elevation make it a necessity to bring sun lotion. Don’t forget!
Packing the right wardrobe for your whitewater rafting adventure will help to make the experience even more enjoyable. Durango Rivertrippers & Adventure Tours is here as your source for the best adventures in Colorado, including our unbeatable whitewater rafting in Durango. Contact us today to learn more or to reserve your trip!