Guided 4×4 Tours of Silverton, CO
Climb over 12,000ft and explore the waterfalls, ghost towns and wildlife of real Colorado in above Silverton!
Departing from Durango you will travel to along the scenic byway picturesque Silverton, Colorado. We will stop at our office in Silverton for a orientation before boarding our open air 4×4 where you will explore Colorado’s pristine high country. This tour travels through Picuayne Gulch then drop down California Gulch as we head over the famous Animas Forks as well as other famous mining ghost towns above Sliverton, CO. Along the way you will discover the old ghost town of Animas Forks, an early mining town established in 1800’s as well as be shown our own private mining claims along the way. You will see the old frame work of the towns, foundations and even the go inside the old buildings. In addition to the local lore, you will experience breathtaking views, wildlife, waterfalls, and more.
All ages are welcome on this trip. Our tours are the perfect way to make the most out of your day. Be sure to check out our rafting and inflatable kayak adventures for more adventure options.
Silverton Guided 4x4 Tour Options
Guided 4x4 Tours of Silverton, CO
We offer a variety of tour options to help you create the perfect Silverton 4×4 Tour. With guided jeep tours and four-by-four tours , we will help you explore the the scenic beauty of the Colorado back country. Our Silverton 4×4 Tours depart daily from Durango, CO so we can include your transportation from Durango or meet you in our Silverton office located in the Grand Imperial Hotel. From there our guided 4×4 tours take you up over 12,000 ft to explore the waterfalls, ghost towns and wildflowers. We will check out Picuayne Gulch then drop down into California Gulch on our way to Animas Forks, the historic ghost town above Silverton, Co.
Departing From Durango Colorado
- Arrive 10-15 minutes before your activity at our downtown location at 724 Main Ave
- PARKING: If on an activity longer than three hours, we encourage you to stop by the Durango Transit Center Lot or the 724 Main Avenue Durango Rivertrippers location to purchase a $7.50 all–day parking pass
- RESTROOMS/CHANGING: Changing Room access right next door to our location
Departing From Silverton Colorado
- The drive from Durango to Silverton is amazing. We recommend you meet us in Silverton for your tour. This way you can explore more of Southwest Colorado on your own time.
- We are located at the Grand Imperial Hotel at 1219 Greene Street
- Arrive 10-15 minutes before your trip time
- Parking is free in Silverton Colorado
- We have restrooms and a lounge area to relax before and after your trip.
- Frequently Asked Questions