- Half Day Tours
- Per Guest
Group Canyon of the Ancients Tour
Follow our knowledgeable guides while they lead you around the Four Corners area to multiple heritage sites and cliff dwellings. This is a very interactive follow-the-leader type trip where you follow your guide in your own vehicle. There will be several stopping points for you to ask questions, learn about the area, and take photos. In addition to archeology, the landscape invites discussion of various topics such as geological formations, vegetation, wildlife, etc. Some sites that might be visited during your tour include Lowry Pueblo which is a partially excavated and maintained 11th century village with an easy gravel walking trail as well as Sand Canyon site which is a large (partially excavated) 13th century village located in a juniper/pinion forest with a dirt trail.
- ADA Parking Permit (if applicable)
- Sunscreen, Hat, Sunglasses
- Comfortable but sturdy footwear for possible hiking
- Appropriate clothing, Colorado’s weather can be unpredictable, so it is ideal to wear extra layers!
- Meeting Point: You will meet our guide at the Canyon of the Ancients Visitor Center located at 27501 CO-184, Dolores, CO 81323
- Meeting Time: 9:00am
- Please arrive 10 minutes early
- A waiver of liability/emergency contact form will need to be completed either online prior to departure or a hard copy completed prior to departure at the pick-up location
- Tour includes archeological sites
- This is a follow-the-leader style tour where you will be driving your own vehicle
- You will meet our guide at the Canyon of the Ancients Visitor Center located at 27501 CO-184, Dolores, CO 81323
- Ages: Best suited for ages 10+
- Duration: Up to 4.5 hours (if leaving from Durango), approximately 3 hours with our guide
From the Durango Rivertrippers Team we want to thank our first responders, pharmacists, doctors, nurses, and all of the essential employees who are helping fight the spread of COVID-19.
Our commitment to safety for both our guests and staff is our number one priority. We will be making some changes to keep that commitment during COVID-19. All of our trips can and will be modified as needed, in an effort to keep everyone as healthy and safe as possible. We will be limiting the number of guests on each trip to keep our social distance. After each trip in a vehicle or raft we will sanitize high touch points before the next use. We will have disinfectant wipes or hand sanitizer available for all guests.
Changes moving forward
- We will be limiting the number of guests on each raft and vehicle
- Cleaning and disinfecting highly trafficked surfaces multiple times every day
- Providing sanitizer or disinfectant wipes for our guests
- Encouraging private trips to continue social distancing
- We will continue to follow our local Health Department for specific updates