Go whitewater rafting through our National Kayak Course through Class I, II & III rapids! This trip is great for families and you can choose between our Splash & Dash or Half Day trips!
- Adult Ages 12+
- Youth Ages 4-11
2 Hour Rafting & 1-Way Train Ride Adventure in Durango and Silverton
Want to truly experience Durango? You won’t want to miss this combo adventure! When you join us for this excursion you’ll take a two-hour raft trip and a one-way train ride.
First, enjoy our two-hour rafting trip that starts at 9 a.m. and be back by 11 a.m. Then at 11:45, ride our shuttle to Silverton while enjoying the amazing views along the “Million Dollar Highway.”
Once in Silverton, walk around, grab some lunch (on your own), and explore the historic town. Then, hop on the 2:30 or 3:00 train back to Durango and enjoy the sights from the train!
Please note: The price includes a shuttle from Durango to Silverton and closed coach train ride from Silverton to Durango.
- Arrive around 8:40-8:45 for check-in at our location, 724 Main Ave.
- 9:00 am, departure for a 2 Hour Raft Trip
- 11:00 am, return to 724 Main Ave.
- 11:45 pm, depart on the shuttle to Silverton from 724 Main
- 1:00 pm arrive in Silverton
- 2:30 or 3:00 pm depart Silverton on the train (check boarding pass for departure time. We will provide you with your boarding pass while in the shuttle)
- 5:30 or 6:00 pm arrive at downtown Durango train station 479 Main Ave
Please take the time to read the information below to make this a great adventure:
- Getting ready for your trip
- What we provide
- What to bring
- Parking in Durango
1. Are you ready for your trip?
- Your first part of your adventure takes you up the historic La Plata Canyon to high mountainscapes.
- To ensure your adventure runs smoothly please arrive 15 minutes early to our kiosk.
- We are located at 724 Main Ave, Durango CO, 81301. Please refer to the parking information below.
- With Durango Rivertrippers and Adventure Tours, you will create some amazing memories while adventuring up La Plata Canyon, on the first section of your adventure.
- At 7:45 please arrive at the Kiosk to get ready for your trip.
- Please check the weather to ensure appropriate clothing is brought.
2. What we provide
- For your morning adventures, we provide water and snacks.
- For your afternoon rafting adventure we will provide the following:
- Safety orientation
- PFD, personal flotation device aka life jackets (please no personal PFDs)
- Transportation to and from the Animas River
- Complimentary lockers to secure any small belongings
3. What to bring
- Bring sturdy footwear (e.g., old tennis shoes or sandals with a backstrap work great)
- NO FLIP FLOPS OR BARE FEET!
- Quick-drying clothes (e.g., athletic clothes, please limit cotton clothes)
- Our rafts have NO storage; please leave any large items in your hotel room or car. Small items (such as wallets, keys, and phones) can be placed in a complimentary locker.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your trip departs. During those 15 minutes, you and your party will need to fill out waivers, collect any rental items you’ll need, and use the facilities.
- Restrooms & changing areas are accessible next door to our location.
- Our driver and guides will pick you and your group up at our location at 724 Main Ave and take you to our put-in location. There we will go over safety, fit you with a PFD, show you some paddling skills, and prepare you for an awesome rafting trip! Following your adventure, we will return you and your group to 724 Main Ave where you began your adventure.
- Gratuity for our guides and drivers are not included in the price. If you enjoy your trip, feel free to tip!
- After traveling up La Plata Canyon you will arrive back at our kiosk (724 Main Ave. Durango CO, 81301) returning around 11:45.
- Please use this time between your trips to grab a bite to eat, change into your rafting clothes (if need be), and enjoy a stroll down the main avenue in downtown Durango.
- We have RENTALS available!
- River shoes ($5)
- Splash jackets ($5)
- Wetsuits ($15)
- Should you require further assistance, don’t hesitate to call and chat with one of our reservation specialists at 970-259-0289.