RZR and Rail (RZR and Train Combo)
With this package, you will catch our one-way shuttle up to Silverton which takes you along the famous scenic byway, then rent an RZR to explore the beautiful mountains of Silverton before taking the train back to Durango.
An all-day adventure
Enjoy adventure and scenic beauty when you combine 2 of Durango’s most beautiful and thrilling adventures, all at one great discounted price with the RZR and Rail Package. Enjoy a 8:15 am scenic shuttle through the San Juan Mountains on the world famous San Juan Skyway from Durango to Silverton, CO to start your day approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Once in Silverton, you will hit the backcountry with an RZR rental that will allow you to adventure high into the mountains of Silverton on Side by Side RZR that can seat up to 4 people. This is self guided meaning you will not be with a guide. We will give you great directions and make recomendations on where to visit. From ghost towns, waterfalls and majestic mount tops we have the trail for you. These high performance 4 wheel drive vehicles allow you to make it where no regular cars can go and give you the unique opportunity to explore a taste of true Colorado backcountry.
After your day in the mountains, sit back and enjoy a ride on the historic Durango & Silverton Train back to Durango as you explore the sights and sounds of yesteryear! The 1-way train train will take about 3.5 hours back into Durango.
This is a very popular option allowing you to explore the beautiful mountain trails of Silverton and then catch the historic Durango & Silverton train back to Durango. This discount package offers adventure, history, and breathtaking scenery.
Times (see the full itinerary below)
Departure: 8:15 am
Return: 6:30 pm
Note: Price includes Standard Closed Coach Seating. Upgrade options are available for the train.
Train Ticket Portion:
Adult – $109*
Youth (11yrs & Under) – $75*
*Plus 7% Historic Preservation Fee for Train Ride
RZR/OHV Portion Self Guided:
4 Hour Seats Up to 4– $275 (discounted rate)
2 Hour Seats Up to 4– $225 (discounted rate)
Train & RZR Rental Itinerary
- The general outline of your day will be an 8:15AM Shuttle to Silverton, a 10:00AM RZR Rental, and an afternoon train ride back to Durango.
- Shuttle will be departing from 724 Main Ave. Please come to 724 Main Avenue, our blue kiosk.
- PLEASE ARRIVE 10-15 MINUTES EARLY. DO NOT GO TO THE TRAIN DEPOT OR YOU WILL MISS THE SHUTTLE.
- At 8:00 am check in and boarding begin for the Shuttle to Silverton. The shuttle will be at 724 Main Ave.
- At approximately 8:15 am depart on Shuttle to Silverton FROM 724 Main Ave.
- 9:45 am arrive in Silverton at our location inside the Grand Imperial Hotel
- You will be provided with a trail map. Rental process may take up to 20 minutes. We will recommend a number of locations to pick up a sack lunch if desired.
- DROP OFF: drop RZR rental off at the GRAND IMPERIAL HOTEL either at 12:00pm for a 2 hour rental or 2:00pm for a 4 hour rental. If returning from a 2 hour rental, feel free to grab lunch in Silverton upon returning your RZR.
- 2:30 or 3:00 pm depart Silverton on train (check boarding pass for departure time. We will provide your boarding pass upon arrival at the 724 Main Ave Kiosk that morning)
- 6:00 or 6:30 pm arrive at the Downtown Durango train station, 479 Main Ave. This location is approximately 2 blocks away from our kiosk, 724 Main Ave.