“Most Popular Trip in Town”
Our most popular Animas River rafting trip is also our most beautiful. This 4 hour half day whitewater trip starts at the same location as our shorter rafting trips but continues downstream much further, letting you experience one of the most scenic parts of the Animas River. This whitewater rafting trip through our national kayak course provides thrilling rapids and Class III rafting. You will also see historical Old West landmarks and hear stories about the early days of Durango. We’ll take time to refuel with a riverside snack and cool of with a swim in the river. There will be ample opportunity to spot Durango wildlife and enjoy the scenery. With more than 3 hours of time on the water, this trip is one of the best activities in Durango. Sign up for a Durango rafting trip today!
4 Hour Raft Trip Itinerary
- 10-15 Minutes prior to your departure time: Meet at 724 Main Ave and Check in
- Departure Time: Depart on shuttle to the river
- 20 Minutes after Departure Time: Arrive at river for safety orientation and gear
- 30-40 Minutes after Departure time: Depart on raft down the Lower Animas for a guided raft trip
- Approximately 3.5 hours after Departure Time: Depart on shuttle back to 724 Main Ave
- 4 Hours after Departure time: Arrive back at 724 Main Ave
Our Most Popular Rafting Trip
4 Hour Raft Trip
For those looking for our most popular trip we suggest our 4 hour half day trip with snack. All of the trips start at the same location however this trip continues downstream much further. This whitewater rafting trip through our national kayak course provides thrilling rapids and Class III rafting. You will also see historical Old West landmarks and hear stories about the early days of Durango.Also, we pull over for a riverside snack and a chance to swim. This stretch of the Animas River is beautiful. There are lots of opportunities to spot wildlife in the natural habitat and enjoy the scenery. You will be spending a little more than 3 hours on the water.
9:00am | 2:00pm
Adult Age 12+: $59Trip Rates:
Under 11 Years: $49
- 15-16 foot boat
- Family-friendly trip
- Ages 4 and up
Looking for More Options?
We offer a two additional types of rafts for those looking for a more customized experience...
4 Hour Raft Trip - Premium Boat
- 13-14 foot boat sits lower to the water for a more adventurous ride
- Oar Rig or Paddle boat
- the smaller the boat the bigger the ride
- Ages 4 and up
The Premium Boat a great way to experience the river.The boat is smaller and sits lower to the water. Limited quantity of premium boats available.
9:00am | 2:00pm
Per Person: $76
4 Hour Raft Trip - Super Premium Boat
Try our Super Premium Boat Trip for the BEST ride! The Super Premium Boat a great way to experience the river.The boat is only 12 Feet Long and will only hold 4-5 people! The smaller the boat the bigger the ride.
9:00am | 2:00pmBook Now!
All Ages: $125
- 12 foot boat provides an exciting ride.
- Best guide to client ratio.
- Most adventurous ride on the river!
- Only company in town offering this boat.
- Seats up to 4-5 people.
- Ages restrictions may apply.